Friday, September 7, 2012

Value Shapes









1. Describe your overall thoughts on the final piece.
Overall I felt pretty accomplished with my final piece because I though I showed value and shading well, and accuratcy in the transition in the colors, to make it look like it has a good flow.

2. if this was a group project, what was your contribution?

3. How successful do you feel this piece is and why?
I believe this piece was really successful because I went from being able to shade and add value with just pencil to being able to shade with oil pastels. In my final project I showed value very well with the different  color shades and I also blended them well, so the project all together looks like it flows, instead of looking choppy.

4. What worked about this project? What didn’t work?
The thing that worked about this project was the blending of different colors to make them look like they flow and make it look like it has a good transition. During the project the thing that didn't work so well was trying to blend the white in, to show the light reflection, and make it blend in with the rest of the colors instead of standing out so much.

5. If you were to do this project over again, what changes would you consider making?
 If I were to ever do the project again the changes I would make would be picking different colors to blend together. The colors I picked had a flow but some of the color variations didn't have a good transition.

6. What was the most difficult part about completing this piece and why?
The most difficult part about completing this piece was to make 3 totally different colors blend and have a good transition, so they make value. Another thing that I found difficult was to make the shadow blend in more with the background.

7. What did you learn from this piece?
During this lesson i learned how to create value and 2-D objects. I also learned how important shadows and shading are to make a object look real.

No comments:

Post a Comment