Monday, October 29, 2012

Printmaking

SELF EVALUATION

 

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
  There is a good balance of negative and positive space. The negative space that is used in the background brings out all of the details and texture of the backdrop and of the animal.  The unity of the artwork is also good. The details in the ink painting really define the animal but the plain background makes up for all the detail so the artwork doesn't look to overwhelming.  it creates the look of completeness instead of having too much detail or to little detail there isjust a right amount.
 
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture to my print by drawling lines in the cheetah to define the fur of the animal.  I also added texture by putting a variety of line sizes. Along the outer part of the cheetahs face I put thicker lines to define the thickness of the fur. The closer I got to the face the skinnier I made my lines. I used the cutting tool to make sure my lines were perfect and defined the detail and texture of the animal well.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I used the negative space in my artwork to define the texture of the animal. I made the animal positive space so it would stand out with the negative space that was used to define the background. The let over  negative space was used to define the texture of not only the animal but also the background. The positive and negative spaced that was used in my  artwork helped made the picture more visible.


4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
overall i believe that the craftsmanship of my art work was very well showed. i made sure that each line that i crafted out of the linoleum was deep enough so i wouldn't of caught any unwanted ink. each line was also straight so i created the effect it was supposed to. i believe that i  did a good job because the lines were neat and there wasn't any overwhelming of ink. it had a good balance.


5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
I was able to show depth because I put my animal in my foreground  so it would appear larger than the rest of my artwork, creating the illusion that it was closer then the rest of the artwork. In the middle ground i created depth by making all the object smaller then the object  in the foreground. By doing this i created the illusion that the cheetah is a great distance away from the grass. I was also able to show depth in the background by making the middle g round and background overlap. Making it look like the hill is the furthest object away.


6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
Overall I had  a good experience with printmaking. After I started cutting out the animal became easier then I realized it was going to be. I also had an easy time creating the animal and the texture that defined the animal. I did however, had trouble making sure i had the right amount of ink on my print. I needed to be the perfect amount in order for the print to come out good. i was also having trouble centering the print, because it was hard to get a good grip on a print.

No comments:

Post a Comment