Thursday, September 26, 2013

Up Close and Personal

1. Upclose and Personal was our theme. How did you develop your ideas for this project and why did you choose your subject? 

I developed my ideas by just first thinking about things that were personal to me and that I could easily emphasis a feature in it. So then I started things about other things in life that I could draw and it went with te theme. After I brain stormed about 20 ideas I came up with the idea of doing and up close and personal drawling of my chinchilla. I choose this subject because it is very personal to me because I own two chinchillas. I also choose this subject because I knew I could easily emphasis the fur on the animal. 

2. How did you demonstrate Emphasis in your work?

In my artwork I demonstrated my emphasis by texture. I did this by using multiple dcolors for the chinchillas fur to make sure that the fur stood out the most and that it was emphasized in the artwork. Also I demonstrated my emphasis by texture by having different values within the animals fur. 

3. What medium did you decide to use and why did you choose this medium over the others? Discuss how it enhances your piece.

The medium I choose to do was prisms colored penciles.  I choose this medium over the others because I believe that I could emphasized and showed the texture of the fur the best. I believed this because the colored penciles had the most fine tip and it could easily show texture. It enhances my artwork because it shows all the fine details of the fur and of the animal, instead of the fur looking like a blob I colors. The different colored that the colored pencils had also helped enhance the emphasis because it howed the texture more in the animal. Instead of it just being one color. 

4.. Did you take any risks with this project? Explain.
I did take a couple of ricks. One of the risk I choose was using a new medium. Because prisma colored pencils are different than normal colored pencils I had to make sure I layered them and make sure I didn't press to hard so I wasn't able to later. Another risk that I took was drawling a realistic an final with realistic fur.  Trying to drawl realistic fur was a challenge because I had I make surety could still see all the lines of the fur while also adding a multiple different colors to help the fur pop out. 

5. Of the 5 characteristics of great art (technique, concept, emotion, new, medium) which did you include in your art?

In my art work the characteristics that I included would be, medium, technique and concept. I added medium by showing a new medium and by exaggerating the different colors and values with the colored pencils. I added technique by showing the technique of emphasis  I used in my artwork and by adding different colors to emphasis  the texture of the fur on the animal. I also had concept in my drawling because I showed he concept of emphasis like we talked about before we started the project. I made sure that the fur of the animal was emphasized through texture and through color. Over all I had an amazin time completing this project, and I was very happy with my final artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment