Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Portrait


1. Who did you choose to do a portrait of? Why did you choose that person? 
 For my portrait I did my little brother Evan. I choose to to a family member to make it personal and to push my self to do something I've never done before. I also choose to do my little brother as my portrait because he's very special to me and I wanted to do someone who was very special to me. I came up with the idea to do Evan because someone beside end was talking about doin their little siblings so it gave me the idea to do him because  he is the youngest out of the six kids. 
2. When brainstorming about this project how did you decide what would be the best materials to use to create it? Explain how your material choice impacted the look of your piece. Why was this so important. Explain.
While brainstorming for this project I came up with the idea of using buttons as my material. I decided this would be the best material by first trying to relate it to the person I was doing and also trying to think of a material that would be cheap to use. I thought of buttons because they are very unique and one of a kind just like my little brother. I also thought because they come in such different colors and shades that it would e easy to show the different features and shades of the face. They were also a cheap choice so I was able to get a large variety of buttons for a cheap price. This material impacted my peice by helping distinguish the different features of the face as in eyes, nose, and lips; it did this by haveing a wide variety of colors to help seperate them. This material also helped impact my peice by coming in a wife variety of offering shades to help show the values of the face in the portrait. This was important to help show who I'm trying to display in the peice. By helping distinguishe the different feature it helps personalize the portrait and help show that I was creating my little brother. Using the buttons were also important because they symbolized my brother in the way that they were unique. 
3. Describe the risks you took or that were involved in creating the project. What were the challenges you faced?
The risks that I took during this project was using hot glue and also working with buttons. Using hot glue was a risk because it dries so fast so I had to make sure I placed the buttons down fast. The challenges I also faced was being burned by the hot glue. I burned myself multiple times trying to glue down the buttons. Using buttons were also a risk because I have never created a portrait out of buttons so I was clueless when I was trying to start. The challenges that I ran into whole using the buttons was trying to make sure that try didn't move out of their place while glueing because if they did then it would of messed up the placement of all of the buttons. Other than that this project was a lot of fun. 

4. How did your choices impact the look and feel of the piece? Did your choice of materials have any connection with the person you chose to represent? 
 My choice of using buttons and painting the background of my carboard impacted the look and feel of the project. Coloring the background made the buttons pop out more and also made the project more personal because orange is my little brothers favorite color so it's connected to the portrait. The buttons help impact the look of the peice by making it more pop out and also showing all the values on the face. The buttons also help the project stand out more because all the buttons are unique and different so there is a wide variety of colors, shapes, and forms. The material that I used did connect with the person I choose. The buttons symbolized how my little brother is unique and different than anyone else I know. He has a colorful personality hence the colorful variety of buttons used in the project. The background also connects with my little either because the background color is also my little brothers favorite color. All in all nothing the in the project was done on purpose. Everything has a symbol or meaning behind it connecting to the person I did the project on, my little brother Evan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment